The Beyond Borders, virtual Study Abroad program from UTS is a flexible and customisable virtual program which will allow students to internationalise their degree, gain a unique global perspective on issues affecting the world and to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills through UTS' exciting extra-curricular programs and intercultural engagement opportunities.
Deadline for applications for July 2021: 30 April 2021
Applying for the program is easy, here is a quick step by step on how to apply:
- Check if your student meets UTS entry requirements
- Select subjects from the Beyond Borders subject list (to be updated shortly)
- Complete and submit an online application
- A copy of your PDF application (available to download at the end of your online application), along with certificates and supporting documents (translated into English), must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you DO NOT meet the required English Language level to enrol in the UTS Beyond Borders Study Abroad Virtual program, you can still apply for the Beyond Borders Australian Language and Culture Studies program. For the Beyond Borders Australian Language and Culture Studies program, students are required to have an English language proficiency level of IELTS 5.0 and above or equivalent (all bands) or TOEFL Internet Based Test 35 and above. The application procedure is the same as above.
Fees and Scholarships
In 2021, UTS tuition fees are A$437.50 per credit point. Total tuition fees will differ depending on how many credit points the student enrols in. Minimum enrolment is 6CPs.
Students enrolled in 18CPs or more will still be eligible for the Study Abroad Excellence Award.
Can students apply for two sessions?
- UTS is only accepting applications for a duration of 1 session for Spring 2021 including the Australian Language and Culture Studies program.
- Beyond Borders subject options are for the Spring 2021 (July to Nov) session only.
- UTS will have more information about Autumn 2022 (Feb-June) study options in late 2021.
Why are the subject options limited?
- Not all UTS subjects are currently available fully online, or are offered at times that are convenient for offshore students.
- We have worked with our Faculties to offer a range of subjects that are accessible to offshore students.
- Once face to face learning becomes available again, or when more subjects become suitable for offshore students, we will update you.
Why are students allowed to study full-time or part-time at UTS in the Beyond Borders program?
- Due to time zone differences, UTS recognises that offshore students may not wish to undertake a full-time study load.
- As students will be studying fully online, there will be no student visa requirements to adhere to, meaning that there are no immigration implications for students studying part-time.